A report which contains views of nearly 1000 local people about the changes they would like to see implemented to improve health and care services in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes has been released by Healthwatch.
The report, which was written by the four Healthwatch organisations in BLMK following a campaign to gather views from local residents on the future of health and care services, sets out the areas which members of the public think the NHS should focus on both locally and nationally. These include:
- Quicker and easier access to GP appointments around the clock
- More investment in mental health services
- Shorter waiting times for appointments with professionals
- More choice on where they receive care with better local provision of services
- And improved social care to enable people to continue to live in their own homes.
You can read the report here.
These, among other issues highlighted in the report, are just some of the areas that the BLMK Integrated Care System is focusing on to improve services now and in the future across the region.
To understand more about the work of the ICS, our priorities and the driving force behind our work, visit our ‘What is the ICS’ page.
If you want to give your views about health and care services in BLMK and help how these services are shaped in the future, read more about how you can give us your views here.