Across England local Healthwatch (HW) have launched a campaign called ‘#WhatWouldYouDo’, to engage with the public in shaping the delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan. The campaign aims to help local Healthwatch:-
- Raise awareness of changes that are taking place in the NHS;
- Encourage members of the public to share their views with Healthwatch to help shape this work;
- Communicate people’s views to the NHS.
In BLMK, local HW is promoting two surveys, developed by HW England, which were launched on 4 March and end on 30 April 2019.
Healthwatch will be asking people for their views and ideas to help inform the delivery of local plans. Key questions include:
- How they can be supported to live healthier lives from birth to old age;
- What services can do to provide better support (particularly for specific conditions, such as cancer, mental health, dementia, heart and lung conditions, learning disabilities, and autism);
- How the NHS can make it easier for people to take control of their health and wellbeing.
Local people can share their experiences online by visiting https://www.healthwatch.co.uk/what-would-you-do from Monday 4 March or by using website links which will be available on each local BLMK Healthwatch website from 5 March 2019.
In addition, communities will have the opportunity to share their views on cancer and mental health care at events organised by local HW across the BLMK area during March and April 2019.
Closing date for responses to the survey will be end of April 2019. All responses will go directly to HW England. Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire, as the co-ordinating HW across the BLMK area, will publish a public report in June about what people have told us.